Top 5 Cabbie-Recommended Restaurants in New York
- Tangra Masala – Indian-Chinese in Elmhurst, Queens
- The Door – Jamaican in Jamaica, Queens
- Cherry Hill Gourmet Market – Russian in Sheepshead Bay
- Papaye – Ghanaian in the Bronx
- Ganapati Temple Canteen – South Indian in Flushing, Queens
My Top 15 Cabbie Recommended Dishes in New York
I spent a year getting into random New York taxis and asking drivers to deliver me to their favorite things to eat. If I had 24 hours to eat in the Big Apple and wasn’t driving a cab, there are 15 cabbie-recommended dishes I’d definitely have to taste again, from lollipop chicken and goat curry to baklava and sweet potato pie. Get the list
View a map of New York Cabbie-Recommended Restaurants
My Top 5 Cabbie-Recommended Restaurants in Buenos Aires:
My Top 10 Cabbie-Recommended (Beefless) Dishes in Buenos Aires
If you ask a Buenos Aires taxista about his/her favorite thing to eat, it’s going to be un buen bife 90% of the time. But after two years and lots and lots of steak-driven taxi adventures in Argentina’s capital, I unearthed a few beefless treasures, too. Get the list
My Top 5 Taxista-Recommended Steak Houses (Parrillas) in Buenos Aires
Most of the taxistas I met in Buenos Aires would agree that you haven’t really eaten if your meal didn’t contain some form of beef. Naturally, they led me to a lot of delicious bifes. Here are my 5 favorite cabbie-recommended steak houses.
View a map of cabbie-recommended restaurants in Buenos Aires
My Top 5 Cabbie-Recommended Restaurants in Berlin
- Gel Gör Inegöl Köfteci – A Turkish snack bar where they make their sausage in house.
- Kaese Konig – East German classics in Alexanderplatz
- Hamy Café-Foodstore Vietnamesische Speisen – Possibly the best Vietnamese curry in Berlin
- La Vigna Italienische Weine und Spezialitäten – Skip the food and go straight to the espresso.
- Adana Grill Haus – Turkish meats grilled before your eyes
My Top 10 Cabbie Recommended Dishes in Berlin
Three months in a city of four million isn’t enough to penetrate all of its culinary layers. Still, this top 10 list reflects the transformation that’s happening around food – and so much else – in Berlin. Look at it as a snapshot of some of what’s exciting to eat there right now. Get the list
View a map of cabbie-recommended restaurants in Berlin